We Have Been MADE Ambassadors of His Grace
"Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God." 2 Corinthians 5:20
Spiritual Formation happens when you realize that prayer never ceases. God is with us and never leaves us; prayer never ends. Prayer is the communion. The “co” “union.” God established prayer and invited us to join. Prayer is an eternal engagement with God, an eternal communion that never stops. HE DID THAT!
"In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;" Romans 8:26
Spiritual Formation is knowing we are ALREADY formed, yet we are still becoming formed. There's more to do. We are ALREADY ONE with Christ and being renewed into His image. He is the Potter, and we are His Clay. He designed us, made us, and He knows us best. Spiritual Formation allows God, the Father, and Potter to finish His job and make and mold us into His image; He’s our Father.
- Spiritual Formation happens for His Great Name Sake. Everything we do is about shining His Glory, displaying His goodness to Heaven and Earth.
- Spiritual Formation is the mystery of Jesus revealed by Grace.
- Spiritual Formation happens when we, Ambassadors of God, co-build, co-create, co-reign, and co-rule with God IN CHRIST, thus fulfilling His original purpose for His human family.
- Spiritual Formation happens when we flow in His Grace, allowing us to lay down our lives, deny ourselves, pick up our cross, and die to self, delivered.
- Spiritual Formation is BELIEVING God is our Father. As our Father, we know He never leaves us; instead, He always wants to be with us to co-create, co-build, and communion.
- Spiritual Formation happens when we go boldly to His Throne of Grace and seek MERCY in our time of NEED. God likes it when we STAND in HIS GRACE.
- Spiritual Formation happens when we awaken to the reality God transformed us from ENEMY to FRIEND. HE DID THAT!
- Spiritual Formation can only happen in a Kingdom powered by His Grace.
- Spiritual Formation happens when we humble ourselves and confess our sin (selfish, self-centered fake version of “ourselves”), knowing that WE CAN’T SAVE OURSELVES.
- Spiritual Formation happens when we KNOW we are no longer slaves to sin, to our old self.
- Spiritual Formation is KNOWING God’s Grace is THE SOURCE of life IN CHRIST. Grace is displayed through SELF-GIVING LOVE.
"Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:16
Spiritual Formation is 100% derived from Grace. We are GIVEN the Grace to be HUMBLE, the Grace to deny ourselves, the Grace to lay down our lives, the Grace to forgive ourselves and others, the Grace to pick up our Cross, and the Grace to TRUST God for RESURRECTION Life.
"For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace." John 1:16
Spiritual Formation happens when we have a deep, passionate love for TRUTH. In Spiritual Formation, through Grace, we receive deep passion and desire to love the TRUTH.
"but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ," Ephesians 4:15
Spiritual Formation happens when we BELIEVE and RECEIVE the TRUTH, Jesus Christ. We believe Spiritual Formation happens when we REST in HIS FINISHED WORK.
- Spiritual Formation is ABOUT HIM, not us.
- Spiritual Formation is FOR HIS GREAT NAME, not ours.
- Spiritual Formation is FOR HIS KINGDOM, not ours.
- Spiritual Formation is FOR HIS BODY, not ours.
- Spiritual Formation is FOR HIS BRIDE, not us.
- Spiritual Formation is FOR HIS CHURCH, not us.
Spiritual Formation is KNOWING that Jesus has completely and thoroughly, once and for all, dealt win SIN. We’ve BEEN MADE RIGHTEOUS. SIN is over, done, put away IN CHRIST. All the old is gone, put away with, and the NEW HAS COME. Jesus is now our LIFE.
"When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory." Colossians 3:4
Spiritual Formation happens when we RECEIVE TRUTH, walk in truth, live in truth, and abide in truth. We put TRUTH on and live in the TRUTH. We TRUST, SURRENDER, SEEK, ALLOW, and then REPEAT.
"and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” John 8:32
Spiritual Formation happens when our life celebrates His life, the ABUNDANT LIFE.